Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stream of Consciousness

Every once and awhile I get the urge to write - sometimes poems, sometimes just a journal, but usually about some aspect of my life - whether it's an observation, something a friend is dealing with, or something I've experienced personally. Thought I'd share them here from time to time. Shut up, Eric - don't make fun... or you'll be my next subject. Russell Brussell Fat Lard Fruitcake Moron Reject Speedstick No-spit Spicer would make a really good title.


I Do Love You

"I do love you"
you wrote.
And I wanted to believe you.
"I do love you,"
you wrote,
"but…"
you loved the
tall, bony girl
with the shiny face
and frizzy hair
more.
The ugly girl
with the toxic smile,
empty gaze and cool clothes,
the one who ate sushi
and stole your heart.
"I do love you…"
you wrote.
But you lied.


Tonight

Tonight I wish for sleep to come
quickly, long and quiet this stretch of night,
devoid of wild imaginings that
dream themselves into being -
For my bones are tired, and my eyes heavy
with the weight of another day,
weary and restless in the fading light
of a silver moon.

No comments: